ISO 50001 International Energy Management System
It has the feature of being the first global energy management system, which is published after regional and national standards such as EN16001. ISO 50001 Energy Management System contains the formations of performances and processes which are required for the determination of energy needs and the measurement and recording of consumption. It is a system which aims to decrease the costs and the environmental effects such as greenhouse gas emission and to provide the creation of energy awareness with a systematic management of energy.
The standard of ISO 50001 Energy Management System can be applied to organizations of any kind and size without considering geographical, cultural, or social conditions. The standard, which is prepared for the energy management system, is designed for an independent use yet if it is desired; it can be applied with other management systems or integrated.
Benefits of ISO 50001;
• It increases the energy productivity,
• It leads an advantageous competition by decreasing the costs,
• It improves the environmental performance,
• It decreases the energy safety risks,
• It enables a transparency and simplifies the communication of energy resource management.